Friday, September 22, 2017

Build your own.....casket?




Yes, things continue to move forward, or backward,
depending on your point of view, in the funeral business.

Many years ago when I would meet with a family they
would say,
"Stan.. just put me in a plain wood box, no frills.. just
a box and put me in the ground."

Wish I had a nickel for every time I heard that over
thirty plus years. And many did get just that.
There were a few suppliers around the country that
would supply just a plain wood box.... they
certainly were no frills, no fuss, just basic as
basic could be.

Now; enter Amazon. And you can purchase your
very own wood casket KIT...yes...here is what they
say about it:

Build-Your-Own Simple 
Pine Casket Kit - Made 
from Sustainable Pine 
From Wisconsin's North 
Woods - Suitable For Any
 Cemetery, Natural Burial,
or Cremation - Wood Casket


So, there you have it. You can buy it ahead of time..put
it together for a conversation piece....on end as a
gun storage unit...oh, you'll think of some uses I'm
sure before you are actually 'ready' for it.
I like Amazon, but I think I'll buy my casket/coffin
from my local funeral director...Amazon has enough
business already... just my opinion.

2017......gee... what will 'they' think of next?

No comments:

Post a Comment