Wednesday, February 8, 2017

'Once you're published'....



It's amazing how the world has changed since the
intervention of the internet... in all phases of living
it seems.

The world of business has taken on a whole new
level of selling, promotion and marketing...and I
found that out quickly after publishing my first
book almost two years ago.

Since the release of Undertakings of an Undertaker,
My whole being has changed it seems.  My
'slow mail' volume has increased, my internet
activity has soared significantly... and much
more ominous and less interesting are the
'offers' that I 'shouldn't refuse'.

I have received offers from other companies who
want me to do business with them, but that of
course would be at a nominal fee of just one
or two thousand dollars to be affiliated with them.

A publishing company in Atlanta this week
desperately wanted me to participate in a New
York book fair coming up in N.Y.C.... and it
was only going to cost me $2,000, taken in
payments for my convenience.  I've had
companies who wanted to make me T-shirts,
coffee mugs... small plastic caskets to
promote my book....ha... you name it,
the list is endless.

Some where in some of those offers, a legitimate
one might exist...but you wouldn't have
enough time in this life or the next to
find that 'needle in the haystack.'

So as I continue to work on book number two
for hopefully later this year...I have a new
'caution' flag up around me... like the
old robot on Lost in Space who used to
utter...Warning..Warning...

Sitting at an old manual typewriter a few
years ago seemed so much simpler... and
a whole lot stressful.  I think I still
have that machine somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment