Wednesday, March 7, 2018

on "Find a Grave.com'..




Yesterday, had the chance to speak before seniors a the
Almond, N.Y. Union of Churches.  After a great lunch
I spoke for quite a bit about asking questions 'ahead' of
time if you will, in order to put one's house in order.

It's surprising how many people have things in their
mind but have never verbalized it or better yet,
written it down.  I'm a firm believer in setting
something up ahead of time.. and letting your
family members know your wishes.

Anyway during the discussion about the funeral
business and genealogy..I recommended a site
called Find A Grave. com. I've been going there
for years, and am a contributor. You can do the
same...you can add pictures, obituaries.. make
requests of others to help you with genealogy
searches etc. It's a pretty impressive place. You
can also look up famous people to see where they
were 'placed' after death. 

You'll spend several hours there pretty quickly.. so
give yourself some time. 

I'll be going back to Almond on April 10th at 5:30
to speak at the Almond Library.. maybe I'll see
you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment