Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Solitude....





It's what every writer wants....demands......dreams about.  With nothing
but yourself and the keyboard in front of you that will respond with every
key stroke that you command.

As I sit near Loon Lake writing as of late I've felt a little like Jack from
that terrific movie The Shining.

There he was with his wife and son, pretty much stranded at the Overlook
Hotel for the winter. Their jobs? Do some daily look-sees to make sure
things are on the up and up.... relax...sleep, eat, and for Jack....hours to
sit at his typewriter and try to pound out some writing.

Writers are kind of a strange bunch. Look at Stephen King, he is far
from being 'normal' ....Alfred Hitchcock was the same...rather odd but
most definitely talented in creating a story.

And my favorite, Rod Serling. A guy way before his time..and his stories
now seem more popular than ever. How much more would he have
created if he had not died so young.

Well, no snow here at Loon Lake, yet. LOL. This will be my Overlook
I think when the seasons flip and the weather will not be fit for man
nor beast as my father used to say.

Unlike Jack, I won't have to worry about a supply of typewriter ribbons...
just have to have a good supply of discs for back up ..and hope the
power will keep the key board and the monitor humming.

Thanks for stopping by to see me. SS




No comments:

Post a Comment