Thursday, July 26, 2018

Time machines.....





I've been a bit remiss in my postings here, with really no good excuse...but
rather a few flimsy ones...so I apologize....

My father always said the older you get, the faster the time goes by.. and he
was right for sure.

I couldn't help but wonder about how we check our time every day...my
grandfather and his before him probably had the old pocket watch on the
gold chain.. the type the railroad guys used to use...guess probably if you
are in the watch repair business you don't have much work these days....

I'm not even sure many guys even wear a wrist watch anymore...I have one but
it's just for habit.. although I can tell the time every day by just kind of
putting a hand or an arm in the air...to sense the time if you will.. and
I'm usually pretty darn close. That's a bit spooky itself I must admit.

How far we've come in a few decades...pocket watches to flip phones to
new gizmos that seem to come out monthly.

Next thing coming? Maybe a chip in your hand or arm that will give a
little 'buzz' at the top of the hour....now that's creepy, but maybe not too
far fetched. I'm kind of glad I won't be around for that one.

So, I guess the thought for the day is....don't let the day or week slip by
you without taking some notice....the tick of the clock is still the same..
60 beats to the minute.. whether it's mechanical or digital... it's all the
same.

Stay well friends, thanks for stopping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment