Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The story...





Many people have asked me how I come up with ideas for new stories.....

and the truth is... they just come to me. As I sit here at my computer station

at Loon Lake, I think back over the last fifty years about situations that I have

encountered or been a part of ... and those memories often generate a story

line or two for a new short story. In Tales Unleashed which will be published

before too many weeks, there are several stories related to cemeteries...but

that would be normal, considering almost forty years spent in the undertaking

business.  And as I drive out a country road, by an abandoned cemetery or

farm house, I think, gee, this would be a great setting for an interesting

short story. And so with all that in mind, and having some recollections of

life in a small town, twenty eight such stories have been created for the

new book. The new book will be smaller than Undertakings of an Undertaker,

it'll be a pocket size paper-back, like the ones we used to read as kids.

And there will be seven to ten pencil drawings I've made to accompany

many of the stories...all in all, I think you'll enjoy it.

Can't promise it will be out by Halloween, but we shall see.

If you like the unusual, the odd, the uncanny, I think you'll find it a good

read. Thanks for stopping by...you'll see some postings on Facebook and

other social media when the book 'hits the stands' as they used to say.

Thanks for stopping by today.. you can leave a comment at the end of any

of my postings here in the comments section following the post.

Have a great day....let's hope for some sunshine for once! SS




No comments:

Post a Comment